September 06, 2005

temp

oh my god, worst workday ever.

it began at 6:30 when i hit snooze. and again at 6:39 when i hit snooze. also at 6:48. i finally got up then abouts and grogily sat at the foot of my bed and stared at my laptop for a bit in the dark. mom came in whistling and told me to get up. i scowled daggers and thought violences at her. then i blogged. after that, i left my room, headed for the bathroom, where i saw the toilet spider. as of 2:30 am last night i loathe the toilet spider, and prio to that we had never even met! this is my first experience with the toilet spider.

*wavy flashback vision*
i am sitting on the toilet...toileting. i get up, wipe, turn to flush, and, what is that clinging to the back of the inner part of the rim? a ginat brown spider??!! aaah! it was inches from my bare ass. it could have done horrible things, it was perfectly poised! yucky! yucky! yucky!
*end squiggles*

this morning, the toilet spider had left it's wattery commode and wandered disturbingly near my towel. i envisioned returning from a hard day of work and showering. i grab my towel and there is toilet spider!! aaaugh!! i didn't kill toilet spider, but i hated him an awful lot. then i showered. in the shower, i though of all my morning ire and realized what it would take to get me to fight war. all one would need to do is deprive me of sleep enough, and then convince me that the enemy was guarding a giant bed. i would be ripping through human flesh and bone within minutes. and the carnage wroght by my bezerker rampage would increase exponentially if the words "down" or "two comforters" were used. i knew then that my pascifist ways would fall to the wayside - i would slaughter my way through ranks of nuns - if i were sleepy enough.

the day didn't really get much better from there. i got dressed after two aborted attempts at business casual and ran to the car. then i ran back inside for driving directions and some cd's. back to the car, drove, dropped mom off, got stuck in traffic, took exit in directions, realized the directions were crap, backtracked, took exit i thought i remembered was correct, arrived at work a half hour late. bugger.

at work: felt super sheepish walking in, having to be lead to my seat, shown how to do things all on my own, etc. typed slowly for about an hour. then, it was break time. ran into a friend. realzed i had been working in the wrong department - shit. told the same people i had just been sheepish at about the tardiness thing that i was in the wrong place. more sheepishness ensued.
got properly positioned, trained, etc. proceded to spend the rest of the day (excluding brief lunch break during which i forgot to punch out - more sheepishness) identifying whether numbers were the same as one another.

-simulation of my day-
same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* not same...*other click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* same! *click* etc.

my eyes went all bleary, my already tired brain went catatonic, i didn't even get to listen to my ipod, and it was cold in the building.

finally, i got to leave, and i braved traffic again to pick mom up and get home. where i promptly got on my laptop to share my horrendous day. there's a moral here, but i can't see the screen anymore and my shoulders are cramping, so i'm just gonna go.



(oh, bright spot, however, was kat's message in comments portion of blog. yay to hearing from her! but mostly my day was like the first day of high school. boredom punctuated by stretches of shame and horror.)

1 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home