February 10, 2004

When I Grow Up, I Wanna Be Peter Pan!

I've had bits of this stuck in my head ever since i started going on this rant. i thought it'd lighten things up a bit. it's been edited for more topicality.

Listen to your teacher. Repeat after me:

I won't grow up! I don't want to go to school. Just to learn to be a parrot and recite a silly rule. If growing up means it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up, not me!

I won't grow up! I don't want to wear a tie and a serious expression in the middle of July. And if it means I must prepare to shoulder burdens with a worried air, I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up not me.

'Cause growing up is awfuller than all the awful things that ever were. I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up, no sir.

I won't grow up! I will never grow a day and if someone tries to make it me, I will simply run away. And Never Land will always be the home of beauty and joy and neverty. I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up, not me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home